Learn which aspects you should consider before implementing personality tests.
The objective of a personality test is to determine whether a candidate is the right person for a specific role and/or function.
Start with defining what you want to evaluate
- Begin by determining which behaviors your work team or company is looking for.
- The traits or characteristics to measure in the candidates should have a correlation with the specific needs of the role/job.
Determine what is the best way to measure these behaviors
- The reliability of the results should be your main concern.
- Classical personality tests have become increasingly obsolete when compared to those based on AI (Artificial Intelligence).
Consider the candidate's experience during the test
- In competing for recruiting the best talent you should always have in mind the candidate’s experience of the process.
- If candidates go to a bad and/or unpleasant experience, this will affect the test results.
Consider the gamification processes
- Incorporating gaming elements into a personality test can help to measure levels of interaction, type of leadership, soft skills, etc.
- Think about gamification as serious tool for evaluating a candidate.
Think how to use the information you collect to your advantage
- The data gathered will help you understand in-detail which is the main strengths and weaknesses of your company.
- The information you collect through personality tests can help you to create and develop better work teams and to fill any gaps.