Learn which steps to follow for achieving personal and working success
1. Set yourself specific and realistic goals
- The most direct formula for sustainable achievement is to choose personal and/or professional goals that are clearly defined and have real fulfillment possibilities.
- You should make sure that your goals are truly attainable before pursuing them.
2. Play with your strengths
- Use your skills and talents to stay organized and to create a personal/professional structure focused on your challenges and objectives.
- Learn how to take advantage of the skills that are easy to obtain as a way to be more successful.
3. Choose a reasonable timeline
- Each objective you desire to attain must have a date for completion: this way you know in advance how much time you need to achieve that goal.
- Your personal/professional goals should be as detailed as possible and should always imply a time line or schedule which you are responsible to meet.
4. Reward your progress
- This will help you monitor your advances while self-acknowledging and rewarding the effort you have made. This will also keep you determined to move on to the next benchmark.
- Choose an appealing reward to further encourage you to repeat the behavior that led you to move towards achieving your goals.
5. Make adjustments when necessary
- Having a structure is important, but sometimes being too rigid may be discouraging and limiting: you must be flexible enough to reshape your objectives as necessary.
- If the plan you designed to achieve your goals is not sustainable in the long run, it’s beneficial to reevaluate and modify your strategy accordingly.
6. Set short-term goals (less than one year)
- Do not let another year pass without reaching the goals you set for yourself.
- Be specific, play according to your strengths, establish a timeline and be flexible.