Know what to do to boost your work portfolio.
Designers, writers, publicists or creative professionals have to put together a portfolio to show their previous work when looking for or applying for a job.
1. Choose the right projects
- Be sure to show your best and most relevant work: you can customize what you show depending on the company you aim to work for.
2. Present each project with a description
- Be as detailed and specific as possible: explain the resources you used, including your budget and the tools that were available to you.
3. Focus on your diversity
- While the quality and the relevance of your work is key, so is variety: your portfolio should show that you have the ability to adapt to different topics and technologies.
4. Add a personal touch
- Your portfolio should ‘portrait’ who you are on a personal level: include a bio and past experiences section.
5. Make it visible
- Finally, don’t forget that your portfolio is meant to be seen: share it via Dropbox or Google Drive and always attach a link to it in your resume and cover letter.